District Energy hosts tours for local, national, and international organizations and conferences. Tours are available for the plant on Kellogg Boulevard or the solar thermal array on the Saint Paul RiverCentre.
Planning Your Tour
- One month advance notice is recommended to best accommodate a group’s preferred date and time.
- Plant tours are only available for adults over the age of 18. Youth tours are available for the solar installation.
- Both the plant and solar tours require access through stairways. Tour organizers should discuss any accessibility concerns with District Energy staff prior to scheduling.
- Guests should wear flat, closed-toe shoes with good traction. Due to safety restrictions guests will not be allowed in the plant wearing sandals, heels, or open-toed shoes.
- Plant tour guests are required to wear hard hats, safety glasses, and ear plugs. They will be provided.
- Directions and parking
See what is happening inside the plant before you get here – Tour Signs and How it Works